Digital Project Manager
Crosspoint is a leading provider of equipment sales, equipment rental and systems integration services to the professional broadcast industry, as well as live events, esports, corporate and government sectors. The company is part of the ES Media Group, which also includes divisions in the cinema equipment rental (Film Store Rental) and library migration and content services (Memnon/LMH) industries. The HR function provides services to all companies across the ES Media Group in UK, Europe, New Zealand and USA.
Crossmedia is a new business line within Crosspoint, specialized in the integration of OTT solutions for broadcasters, telcos and online video brands and companies. Crossmedia’s aim is to connect traditional broadcasting with the online environment and offer comprehensive solutions for the creation of online video platforms, orchestration of workflows for content and metadata, organization of business and monetization rules, user management and Big Data analytics tools, and content distribution through CDN.
PURPOSE OF THE ROLE
Crossmedia project manager, specialized in OTT environments.
Experience of 3-5 years as Digital Project Manager in OTT/Digital Media environments
DUTIES AND KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES
- Support commercial account managers during the pre-sales and post-sales phase, helping to respond to RFP’s and public tenders. Creation of technical references and dossiers (high level requirements, technical briefs…)
- Requirements gathering with the support of the engineering technical stuff.
- Risk assessment, monitoring and planning of projects, with internal/external teams.
- Preparation of regular status reports and follow-up of projects at technical level and supporting the commercial area.
- Liaising between the customer and the commercial and technical side of the company.
- Manage internal and third party development teams for project delivery. Coordinate development and design teams for apps and custom solutions in the broadcast/digital environment.
- Participate in continuous improvement and implementation of best practices with customers.
- Prospecting for existing technologies and solutions in the market to incorporate to the organization’s portfolio.
- Knowledge of Varnish language applied to CDN and systems deployment
- Streaming protocols and video/audio encoding formats.
- Knowledge in advising for the development of own APIs.
- Knowledge of integration with cloud infrastructures (AWS, Azure, Google) will be highly valued.
- Knowledge of database environments.
- Knowledge of Elasticsearch and Kibana.
- Knowledge of Agile Methodologies.
- Graduates with a focus on the audiovisual or digital sector, particularly Degree or Engineering in Computer Science or Telecommunications (Telematics, Sound and Image…).
- English: full professional competence.
- Experience in OTT environments: Devops team management for apps, streaming solutions and CDN services.
- Solid technical knowledge in back and front end, encoding, streaming, CDN and IT systems and cloud architecture.
- Knowledge of project management tools such as Trello, Jira, Click-Up…
- Demonstrable experience in managing multidisciplinary projects with a high technological component.
- Experience in technical support and customer services.
- Advanced communication skills to interact with both technical and business teams.
- Technical Pre-Sales and consulting experience
- Desirable experience in the audiovisual industry, specifically in the OTT space and streaming platforms.
- To take responsibility for your own health and safety as necessary
- To comply with the company’s disciplinary and grievance procedure as required
- To comply with the company’s policies and procedures at all times
- The post holder will be required to undertake such other duties as may be required within the grade and competence of the post. Therefore, the list of duties in this job description should not be regarded as exclusive or exhaustive
- Duties are set out in this job description but please note that, in consultation with the post holder, the company reserves the right to update the job description from time to time to reflect changes in or to the role. Significant permanent changes in duties and responsibilities will require agreed revisions to be made to this job description.
We are committed to encouraging equality, diversity and inclusion among our workforce and recruitment and eliminating unlawful discrimination.
Due to the high level of applications being received if you do not hear from us within 5 working days, please assume your application has not been successful on this occasion, usually due to other candidates having more relevant sector exposure, qualifications or required skills. We thank you for your interest.